The Start of Something New
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Heidi and I are lucky enough to get the chance to go out on a date once a week. We have a group of friends that we rotate babysitting with, so that gives three nights a month. Usually we have the same routine and it’s easy to stick with what you know.
But this week, I said to Heidi “we’re breaking free!”
We work our tails off every day, why not have a really fun night with High School Musical, the Broadway show? When we came through the doors, I have to admit feeling somewhat out of place because it appeared that the only adults in attendance were either accompanied by little girls (ages 4-10) or by pre-teen girls. That’s when I realized this was definitely the start of something new.
But I thought to myself, “Hey it’s cool, we’re all in this together…just here to have some fun.”
How was the play you ask? It was, in a word, fabulous. At first I had my doubts, but as I threw away my inhibitions I really got into it. I mean, anything can happen if you take a chance. So even though personally I don’t dance, I can appreciate those who do. After all, everyone loves a good jazz square.
After our great evening together, I’ve learned that it’s boring to stick to the status quo. I think I finally found what I’ve been looking for, and everyday from right now I’ve decided to plan more exciting dates.
June 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM
This was such a funny post!
June 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM
Love the preggie pic at the Keller Fountain. Heidi - you look totally adorable as a pregnant woman!
June 1, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Okay that was so great! I am impressed Greg, very creative! Thanks for the good laugh!
June 1, 2008 at 10:26 PM
You and Geoff might be the only grown men that love High School Musical. I love all the inuendo, you are one clever guy.
June 2, 2008 at 12:16 AM
greg you crack me up! i love all the hsm lingo. my parents and cami and scott went to this on wednesday night. they too said there were a lot of parents with little girls! what a fun date though. i'm glad you enjoyed it.
June 2, 2008 at 1:53 PM
Greg, I must say that your dates overall seem very thoughtful. Great Job! and Heidi, great picture! Only 4 1/2 weeks to go!
June 2, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Way to break free, Greg! Looks like Heidi's belly is breaking free is well.
June 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Luckily we have these good friends who introduced us to the world of high school musical...we've watched it 3 times this weekend, otherwise i would have had no clue what you were talking about.
June 2, 2008 at 3:13 PM
haha, yes, I love this post. Mike and I go this wednesday and we are very excited! I loved the musical lyric inserts. Nice touch.
June 2, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Greg, my gut hurts so bad from laughing! You are hilarious! What a neat date! You are one cute couple.
June 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM
heidi! i love your blog (and i'm so glad i blog-stalked you through heather and richard's blog). i especially love this post - i always feel weird that i like high school musical and have no kids... anyway, i'm super jealous, i think i would have to drug my husband to get him to go to something like that.
it looks like you are doing so well, and that is awesome.
remember that one time we had a humanities class together? good times.
(ps, you can check out our blog at web.mac.com/delmege)
xoxo
June 10, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Greg, I respect you now more than ever. What a fun date and a fun description!