Baby Slings Anyone?  

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I have been looking for the past few days to invest in a baby sling. I have a front carrier (similar to a baby bjorn) that I used for Jackson, but I felt like it didn't adjust to the right height and made the baby feel SO far away.

So in looking for a sling, I've just been overwhelmed by the number of options! I had no idea there were so many different styles. Does anyone have one that they love or that they would recommend? I want the baby (as an infant) to feel snug and really close to my body, but I don't want it to be a hassle every time I put it on. It would also be nice if it could transition into a sitting sling as the baby got older.

Thank you all!




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Validations of my effort: to “ Baby Slings Anyone? ”

  • Barlow Fam
    June 22, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

    My sister is here visiting with her 6 week old little girl and she has a sling like the top one. She LOVES it. When I watched her put it on it was so easy, no pulling things and she says that she always feels secure. Let us know what you end up with. : )

  • AJ
    June 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

    I had a ring sling, like these ones in the picture. It's pretty versatile - easy to put on and adust, and can be worn for different positions. Then you can wear it to support a hip-riding toddler also. My complaint was that it's very uncomfortable when you bend over, because it swings down to create a hammock effect. So I am actually going to do a wrap this time, like the Moby.

  • Angela and Mike
    June 22, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

    hannah has this cool one that is all fabric and you criss cross it across your body and it holds the baby in front of you like the baby bjorn. Sorry I don't know what it's called...

  • Ashley and Ben
    June 26, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

    Hey there heidi girl,
    tonight in my bradley class we had a try-all-possible-carriers-fest. It is overwhelming all the choices out there but it was really nice to try them all out and I have a couple that you dont have pictured to consider. One is the gypsie mama or moby wrap, the kangaroo Korner sling (which is a lot like the peanut shell but apparently more comfortable) and finally the one that I absolutely love, the baby hawk. Good luck with your decision and I hope you all are doing well.

    Ashley