A Child's Prayer
Monday, June 9, 2008
Tonight Jackson lay down to go to bed complete with his "baseball hat" (a beanie) and his gloves (red mittens-he often likes to wear these things to bed, but they are usually off by the time I check on him an hour later). He folded his mittened hands to say our nightly prayers.
I say prayers with him each night and usually he has little to say, and even getting him to fold his arms is a triumph to be celebrated. I guess tonight he was especially attentive because he stopped me mid prayer to remind me to be thankful for two things: fire trucks, and parks.
Last week he made us re-start a prayer because he reminded us (with a very concerned look) that we forgot to pray for Grandma.
At least he's understanding the purpose. And if I were Jackson, I can't think of anything I would more thankful for, except maybe airplanes.
June 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM
How cute. I'm grateful for parks too. haha. Good job teaching Jackson to pray for Grandma. I'm sure Sharon will like that :)
June 9, 2008 at 9:38 PM
ha ha, i actually am really grateful for parks, they can be lifesavers on some days, but in all seriousness i love little kid prayers. they are the best.
June 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Heidi Barlow (Rose)! What is up! This is Ryan Donohue. I was reading a blog of an old friend of mine from San Antonio, and started clicking on links of friends and somehow ran into your blog. You wouldn't believe it, but we live in a small town near you called Milwaukee. Crazy, huh? We're actually moving to Denver next week, so we won't be neighbors for much longer. Just thought I'd drop you a note and say hi. Here's our blog if you are interested. www.donohueclan.blogspot.com