Musical discovery
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Most of you know that I like to play guitar and that once upon a time I wrote songs as well (life is too busy now, although for Heidi's b-day wrote my first song in 4 years).
In the past week I've made two discoveries. First, I realized that Heidi's Macbook has a program called Garage Band with a built-in mic that allows me to record songs. I think I knew that when we bought it, then completely forgot and never experimented with it. A friend in the ward showed me how to use it and now I'm ready to make a killer record (or at least make a killer cover of The Wiggles "Big Red Car"). What a find!
As soon as I have a spare 2-3 hours continuously to sit down and record, I'll post something. Keep your eyes out for that song to appear sometime between now and the Summer Olympics (not Beijing, but wherever they're hosting the 2012 games). :)
Second, that same friend showed me how I could host my own songs online through myspace. While I hate myspace and think it's kind of trashy, I created a page this afternoon so I can periodically add my own songs. I posted a song called "Make Your Tomorrow Today" that I wrote and recorded almost 5 years ago now, but it's probably my best work (for what that's worth!).
If you're so inclined, you can listen to it here
June 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM
Cool Greg! Mike and I are excited for you to post the Heidi song...we'll look for that in the next week, since I'm sure you have TONS of extra time to do things like that.
June 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Is that the one you recorded in Arizona? Sounds good. Blast from the past.
June 22, 2008 at 11:33 PM
London- the olympics will be in London in 2012
June 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM
I listened to your song. It is really good! Heidi, I had no idea you married a rock star! Good luck with your amazing record! DO make sure and include the Big Red Car! My Cali will be your biggest fan!
June 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM
So um... you guys haven't posted anything for a while... and since I talked to Heidi on the 14th and got an update on the doctor appointment... I'm wondering if the lack of new posts is due to Bennett... or to just the rush to get packed before said event... Of course I could just call and ask.... what a concept...