Shoeless (Joe) Jackson  

Sunday, September 6, 2009

In light of gameday, Greg wanted to pack in as much as possible to help the kickoff come that much quicker. So we decided to head downtown for the "Taste of Madison" festival. And with the inevitable crowds, we opted to take the bus downtown. When we decided to go, we had very little time to make the bus after the kids woke up from naps. We were rushing, to put it mildly.

Greg and I were running around the house, giving commands, and throwing kids in the car.

Bennett is poopy, so I change his diaper. Throw sheets in the washer. Grab the sunscreen. Greg, get the kids. Grab my purse, check the stroller. Hop in the car, and head out.

We arrive at the bus station, and see our bus in sight. 'Jackson, we have to hurry hurry hurry to the bus.' I say.

I look down. He's not wearing shoes. He's not even wearing socks.

'Greg? Where are Jackson's shoes?'

...

So if you need a visual, we are the white trash family riding the bus downtown with the shoeless child.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ Shoeless (Joe) Jackson ”