Last Weeks Calendar  

Monday, July 6, 2009

In preparing for my parents and in-laws to arrive last week, I thought I would calendar all of our events to keep the days and activities straight (and to make sure we utilize every moment and pack in as much as possible...the true Barlow way) Here's a sneak peak:

Saturday: June 27th

Greg's Parents arrive in Philadelphia
Independence Hall
National Mint
Franklin Square
Betsy Ross House
Ben Franklin's Gravesite
Drop off kids at hotel
Drive up to New hope for dinner and a showing of "My Fair Lady" at the Buck's County Playhouse




Sunday: June 28th

Church in Downtown Philly (quite the experience)
Drive out to Valley Forge

Monday: June 29th

Clean house
Shop for groceries
Figure out sleeping arrangements
Wash clothes
My parents arrive

Tuesday: June 30th

Take train up to New York
Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
Central Park
Manhattan Temple
Ground Zero (and nearby church)
Julliard
Take the train home


Wednesday: July 1st

Drive to Philadelphia
Independence Hall
Liberty Bell
Bus tour of the city
Betsy Ross House
Old Post Office
Ben Franklin's Grave
Ben Franklin home site
Drive home

Thursday: July 2nd

Take the train to New York
Take subway to Staten Island Ferry
See Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from Ferry
Take Subway out to Brooklyn to eat at "silent h" (the owner of the restaurant is my brother Matt's best friend)
Take train home
Head out to local Carnival and Fireworks show



Friday: July 3rd

Drive out to Princeton
Eat ice cream at the Bent Spoon
Pick blueberries at Terhune Orchards
Tour Johnson & Johnson headquarters
Have Cake and Presents for Bennett's Birthday
Go out to eat at Lonestar Grill for Greg's birthday

Saturday: July 4th

My parents leave
Decide last minute to go see a same day show on broadway
Barbeque and swim at the pool
Nap
Change and hop on the train to New York
Pick up our Wicked Tickets and spend the best 2 1/2 hours of my life seeing an unmatched performance
Stay up all night with the Wicked songs running through my head


Whew. I am tired just reading that. Some of you may be thinking that we must be idiots to decide to brave New York on the 4th of July. Well if anyone was wondering what a New York looks like on the 4th of July, here's a sampling:



I can only imagine all of you are dying to see the myriad of pictures we took to document our travels. So for those of you that fall into this category, here is a link to the web album where you can view the pictures over and over to your hearts content.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Validations of my effort: to “ Last Weeks Calendar ”

  • Angela and Mike
    July 6, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

    Whew. What a week. I have no idea how you did all that. You amaze me. Did you LOVE wicked? The best right? Mike and I are STILL singing songs from it. Happy birthday to both Greg and Bennett. How fun that you got to see your parents and the in-laws.

  • Jessica
    July 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    Yay! I'm so glad you got to finally see Wicked! What a great weekend! It sounds like you enjoyed your NY trip much more than I did. It just wasn't much fun for me when 9 weeks pregnant and throwing up the whole time! :)

  • stacy
    July 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

    I LOVE that you pack everything in. I am so glad you got to see wicked, too. With all the fun you're having you're not going to want to come back here. Yay for fun trips!

  • brittany
    July 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

    all i can say is WOW! you are amazing!

  • Jill
    July 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

    I need a nap now, just from reading about it.

    I'm so glad you got to see Wicked! It's a rare treat for young parents to get to concentrate and enjoy an entire show of any kind, let alone one as good as that!

  • Michelle
    July 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

    It looks like you had so much fun doing all of the fun things that you did!! What a wonderful summer!! Your calendar did make me a little tired. Too bad I didn't know you were going to be in NY, we would have tried to see you while we were there! Oh well, glad you had fun and finally saw Wicked (I get to do that in 2 weeks!! yay!!). Anyhow, thanks for sharing your fun trips with us.

  • The Caple Crew
    July 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

    WOW! What a week! That sounds like tons of fun though! That is so awesome that you get to live by SO MUCH! All I have is New Orleans and Houston....whopee! How did the kids handle the busy days? I'm sure it made it easier having grandparents there! OH MY GOODNESS your parents look exactly THE SAME! I can't believe it! And you got to go see a Broadway show?!!! LUCKY YOU!