In case you were wondering...  

Monday, July 6, 2009


In honor of Greg's 27th birthday this week, I thought I would inform all of you of some of the little known facts about Greg Rose:

1. Each morning I unplug Greg's Sonicare toothbrush and his razor, so that I can plug in my hair dryer and straightener. And I almost always forget to plug them back in. Yet, each morning, the sonicare and razor get plugged back in. I have never once heard him complain about my forgetfulness. Not once has he even mentioned it!

2. Greg has done the dishes almost every day since we've been married.

3. Greg can often be seen eating ice cream with his cheerios. As a breakfast food.

4. Speaking of cereal, Greg's favorite cereal is Cracklin Oat Bran.

5. Greg can easily turn a simple shower into a 40 minute ordeal. I have no idea how he can take that long to wash his hair and body, but he can do it with ease.

6. When we were first married, Greg was disgusted by the idea of sharing a drink or a plate of food with me. He still doesn't like to take a bite of something that has my visible bite marks (ie sandwiches, cake, etc).

7. As far as Jackson is concerned, the sun rises and sets with his dad. Greg and Jackson wrestle, play defense and can throw a ball back and forth longer than I thought was humanly possible. He is a great dad. I think Greg is sizing up Bennett to see if he is "tackleable"

8. Greg shares my love for Mexican food. We have a constant radar for good, greasy, hole in the wall Mexican restaurants.

9. Greg is not artistic. His hand drawn pictures can rarely be distinguished from Jacksons.

10. Greg has an incredible talent for public speaking. In five minutes he can put together some notes and create a fluid interesting and relevant presentation or talk. He is never nervous.

Well I hope you learned something new about Greg. Feel free to share your own little known facts about Greg. I tried my best to keep them tame and as un-embarassing as possible, but I have no control over what you choose to share in the comments!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ In case you were wondering... ”

  • Angela and Mike
    July 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

    Well, half of those apply to mike also. I, also, unplug mike's toothbrush everyday. Mike usually likes to comment to me about that. Cracklin oat bran is also Mike's favorite, too bad it's about $10 a box. We can afford it basically once a year.

    Greg fact: when he gets excited while watching sports, he elevates on his toes and his hands start flapping with excitement :)

    Greg fact: Greg is the sweetest guy, but can be absolutely terrifying when trying to date his younger brother :)

  • Jordan
    July 7, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

    Greg fact: has a larger repetoir of songs on the guitar/vocals than I realized until the other night when he kept on busting out song after song including the lyrics. he could easily get a gig at a local cafe (making money) and playing songs that people like.

    Greg fact: if he did get a gig at a local cafe, it may be hard for him to get to the gig, because his sense of direction is.. well.. not the greatest I have ever seen. but who am i to say anything?

    Greg fact: he is a great big brother who I have and continue to look up to and try to exemplify.

  • Jill
    July 7, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

    Happy Birthday, Greg! What I've noticed: wonderful sense of humor, and deep sense of kindness.

  • The Jarvis Family
    July 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

    I don't think I've ever seen Greg watch a sporting event on TV sitting down.

  • hilary w
    July 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

    That was so fun to read! I love hearing more about the other half of all of my married friends. I loved reading that Greg takes super long showers. Travis is the same way? How do we have husbands who take longer in there than we do? :)