The Promise of Spring  

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

According to the calendar, Spring is here, but the cold wind and dreary skies are proving otherwise. But each day I see the beautiful face of Spring starting to manifest itself in small ways.

#1: The sun is coming out more often. If the wind would stop blowing, we would actually have lots of very nice days. I love to open up my windows and let the light stream through. Sometimes, when I'm driving I imagine that it's the middle of summer...until I step out of the car and have to throw on my winter coat.


#2: Once the snow finally melted, the brown matted grass soon gave way to a gorgeous green lawn. Jackson has already taken full advantage in the form of many many grass stained knees.

#3: The buds on the trees have finally began to show themselves. I can't say there are any blooms or leaves, but buds are a start right?


#4: My favorite manifestation of spring is the bird's nest I discovered in front of our house. I came home yesterday to find a Robin sitting in a nest just outside the door. I stared at it for a long time to see if it was actually real. I rushed Jackson inside and showed him lots of pictures of birds nest and explained how fragile they were and then walked him outside to see it. He was so excited. The downside is that he is constantly going outside to look at it, and somehow "forgets" to tell me.



I guess Spring is here, I just wish it were a little more Springy.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ The Promise of Spring ”

  • Angela and Mike
    April 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

    Wow, that is an impressive nest! How exciting. Does it have any little eggs in it yet? I bet it'll start getting warm JUST as you are leaving :) Go figure.

  • Sharon
    April 30, 2009 at 3:28 AM  

    I can't believe you have a bird's nest right outside your front door. that's pretty exciting. I wonder how long it takes the eggs to incubate - if it will be a little birdie before you take off for the summer. Does the bird squawk at you if you get too close?

  • hilary w
    May 1, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

    What great pictures! That bird's nest is cool! A few weeks ago we noticed a bird making a nest in our wreath on our door! Needless to say, we had to take that down.