Twinkle Toes
Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5:00 am
As I lay Bennett down after his 5 am feeding, my eyes glanced at my sleeping husband. I glanced at the fire engine red nail polish sitting on my night stand, and back to Greg.
It was too easy.
I cracked open the bathroom door to let just enough light in, pulled back the sheet that covered Greg's toes and went to town. It was over in a matter of minutes. Greg didn't move a muscle. I crawled back in bed, and fell back asleep with a smile on my face.
6:00 am
Greg wakes up and stumbles in the bathroom. I lie in bed and wait.
6:03 am
Greg emerges from the bathroom with a confused stare. 'Why are my toes red?' Bwahaha! I erupt with laughter.
You can rest assured that Greg will be sleeping with shoes on next April fools. But that won't stop me from getting his finger nails...
If anyone is interested, I did give myself a pedicure tonight. I can't let my husband have prettier toes than me.
April 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Heidi, that is classic! Tyler
April 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM
haha, that is awesome. I just can't believe that you actually took the time to do that in the middle of the night! I practically want to die in the middle of the night because I feel so tired. Then again, if I saw Mike's toes, red nail polish, and I had the current state of mind to realize it was April Fools...I, too, might have done that.
Did he take the nail polish off before going to school?
April 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Well Done! It's a good thing he's a heavy sleeper.
April 3, 2009 at 4:49 AM
Heidi, that is too funny!! Good thing Greg is a heavy sleeper!
April 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Melissa actually told me about this stunt so I had to get on your blog and see the evidence!! Hilarious!!