The thrill of the hunt  

Monday, October 20, 2008

I am a self proclaimed bargain shopper. I shop garage sales, I peruse clearance racks, and to my husbands dismay, often shop several hours without buying a single thing. I like to get a good deal (who doesn't?). Something about finding a great deal feeds my soul.

This week I had an experience that topped the euphoria of a good deal...free.

One of the perks of the MBA program is the free stuff recruiting companies provide to the students. Greg came home from school donning the largest box of free products. The box included several rolls of paper towels, two boxes of huggies baby wipes, 6-pack of toilet paper, 7 candy bars, two bottles of hand soap, a box of kleenex, a package of nesquick, baby lotion, band aids, and a two packages of nerds. It might as well have been Christmas.

The thrill of bargain shopping is the feeling that I searched, I found, I conquered. The frustrating part of bargain shopping is that I always know there are better deals out there that I am missing, if I only knew where to look.

But nothing is better than free. Who knew that all it took it make up for my husbands absence was a couple rolls of toilet paper and 7 candy bars.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ The thrill of the hunt ”