Actions  

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I have found a new love: actions.

I just learned about downloading and using photoshop actions to enhance your pictures and I am converted! All I can think about is how I have had photoshop for this long and not been using these?

So here is exhibit A: pre-actions. A pretty good picture actually.

But look how amazing the picture looks after using the action! This action is called "urban acid" and then I added a vignette that darkened the edges a bit. I love it.

I always wondered how all the photographers made their pictures look kind of grunge. Well now I know. And I thought I would share this gem with my fellow photoshoppers.

Enjoy!

Heidi

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ Actions ”

  • Angela and Mike
    October 9, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

    whoa, I'm goign to have to learn how to use those too! Awesome.

  • MidCityGal
    October 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

    Very impressive. I really like it. On a related note, do you use iPhoto to organize your photos on your Mac? I might need you to give me a Mac tutorial-- I don't think I'm utilizing mine like I should.

  • Unknown
    October 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

    I know what you mean! We don't have photoshop, but I use iPhoto to edit and enhance my pictures. My photographer didn't bother touching up our wedding pictures (it was a friend that did it, but still...) and I hated almost all of them until I realized I could brighten them, get rid of the dreary dark and cloudy sky in the background and balance out the color levels. Now I love almost all of the pictures!

    Happy picture editing!