Runaway  

Friday, October 17, 2008

Nothing shakes your faith in your own parenting like a doorbell ring at 7:00 am by a strange woman who is returning your child that had apparently escaped and was playing in the street. It was not a good morning.

If any of you have dealt with this, please let me know so I can tell the officer if he comes by this afternoon to lock me up.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 Validations of my effort: to “ Runaway ”

  • Crystal
    October 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

    Oh Hides, I am so sorry! That sucks!! I am sure they will not lock you up..now you just have to find the hole he escaped from. Good thing for good neighbors! You are an awesome mom! How did he escape? Maybe a good story can be told to the officer from that. ;) Love you!

  • Kandis
    October 17, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

    That is crazy! He is one sneaky little man!

  • Renee
    October 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

    Oh wow, that is actually really funny...but could have been scary! Glad you have good neighbors - we can't be perfect mom's can we? Maybe you need to put your handy skills to work and put a lock up high!??? Good luck!

  • brittany
    October 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

    oh that is so scary. it hasn't happened to me yet, but scott would get out all the time when he was little and people in the neighborhood would bring him home.

    i'm glad jackson returned home safely!!

  • Chanell
    October 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

    My kids have escaped multiple times, but the best escape story has to be Garrett's. It was halloween and my mom had just finished giving us baths. She was trying to find Garrett to put his costume on and couldn't find him. Turns out he's across the street playing with some friends- in his own very special costume- his naked self. Sorry G- couldn't resist telling that one. :)

  • Sharon
    October 18, 2008 at 4:22 AM  

    Thank heavens for that woman! Greg ran away when he was about Jackson's age. He was playing in the backyard. I went to check on him and he was gone. I couldn't find him anywhere. I called Gordon's mom sobbing. She came right over. We finally found him down the street at someone's front door. I guess Jackson comes by it naturally. Sorry for the bad start to a long day.

  • Zach and Sarah
    October 18, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

    Have you seen the locks you can put on the top of the door? My sisters swear by them. I'll be installing one soon.

  • Angela and Mike
    October 21, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

    No way...I hadn't heard that story until now. Maybe my little guy will be Jackson's partner in crime. haha. He's a sneaky one! Glad he was okay, but I'm sorry for the bad day you must've had :(

  • Jill
    October 29, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

    That happened to someone in my ward, but it was three kids and they were naked after a bath.

    So cheer up, it could be worse.