Jacksonsims
Sunday, October 26, 2008
As Jackson is rummaging through the fridge, the medicine cabinet, or under the sink:
Mom: Jackson what are you doing?
Jackson: Mom, I'm looking for stuffin!
(as in 'I don't like you to mess with stuffin there')
Mom: Jackson, dinnertime, we are having hot dogs and mashed potatoes.
Jackson: Hot dogs and mashed potatoes? Oh my gosh thats cool!
Apparently mom needs to work on expanding her vocabulary. And if you haven't tried hot dogs and mashed potatoes you haven't lived.
After coloring on the table with a marker:
Mom: Uh oh Jackson, are you supposed to color on the table?
Jackson: No, only on paper.
Mom: What happens if you color on the table?
Jackson: Mom takes it away and says 'stop it!'
Sadly true, but the answer I was looking for was 'time out.' I guess mom also needs to work on her anger management.
There are a few words that Jackson say's incorrectly that I will not be correcting anytime soon.
Waterlemon (watermelon)
Arbelly (Library)
Lemon Lime (Emmeline)
Who cares if he gets a wedgie in kindergarten? As long as I get a good laugh out of it, it's worth it.
October 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM
I loved the post. Great stories! It's so good you wrote them down. I have a friend who keeps an index card file box in her kitchen where she writes down funny things her kids say. I always thought I should do that, and yet . . . still haven't! The pictures made me miss Jackson! Hope all is good.
October 27, 2008 at 4:35 AM
Thanks for making me laugh. My favorite - "oh my gosh, that's so cool." What a cute and funny little guy.
October 27, 2008 at 12:40 PM
haha, I like the stuffin one. What a funny kid. And no, I haven't tried hot dogs with mashed potatoes, I guess I've never lived!
Miss you!
October 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM
What cute stories! Don't you love it when your words start coming out of their mouth?
I also love the last post...you and Greg must have been made for each other!