New Fear
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I took Jackson with me to the doctors today. Everything went smoothly except for one thing. The elevator ride up, and the elevator ride down. He FREAKED out and would not go in.
A couple of weeks ago I took Jackson to the doctors and he would not go back in the elevator. We ended up walking down 4 flights of stairs.
Today I was unwilling to do that. I held him both ways and bribed him with a treat.
Elevators? Really? Is that a normal kid fear?
May 13, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Oh boy...maybe he just needs Dad there to help him overcome like I did with his fear of slides. ;)
May 13, 2008 at 12:24 PM
haha, well, I guess elevators could be scary...maybe he doesn't like confined spaces, or the dizzy feeling. Funny kid. Only schedule appts where you are on the first floor!
May 13, 2008 at 2:11 PM
lily and stella both went through a stage where they were scared of elevators. it didn't last too long, so there's hope.
May 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM
When I visited Vegas last summer, the didn't have "elevators" they had "inclinators"... elevators that moved diagonally up or down, not just straight up and down. I hated those, I always got so disoriented. So I can relate with Jackson there a bit. Soon, it will be a fun ride for him. :)
May 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM
kinley doesnt like them because she got in one by herself and the doors closed and she rode it down to the first floor, screaming the whole way.
May 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM
This kid's sounding more and more like MONK to me.
May 24, 2008 at 7:16 PM
heidi--
sounds a bit like avery. her fear was not of elevator, but of toilets. and lots of other fears here and there when she felt insecure....with our crazy life you can imagine it was way more than i wouldlike. i told sharon to tell you to call me anytime to vent or talk to someone with similar challenges. good luck, and always pray for patience and understanding...thats what i do!!