A comprehensive list of fears
Saturday, May 24, 2008
A few weeks ago I posted about Jackson's latest fear, but I thought I would do a post including a list of all the things Jackson is currently afraid of:
1. Punch Balloons (I think it's the loud noise and the large object flying at his face)
2. Elevators (I covered that one)
3. Pools (normal kid fear, especially at the beginning of the summer)
4. Party Hats (found this one out today, although he wore one at his own birthday)
5. Band Aids (He associates them with pain)
6. Slides (only slightly, Greg's been working on this one)
7. Gymnastics Mats (the weird texture freaks him out)
8. Moving Large Trucks (He only likes them in pictures or from a distance)
9. The Easter Bunny (I wish I could have seen this one is person, but I only heard from a friend who said she's never seen a child go so white with fear and panic)
10. Car Washes (Loud noise thundering against the window, I can understand that)
Unfortunately he has no aversion to the following things
1. Bugs (especially flies and spiders)
2. Cats and Dogs (no matter the size)
3. Jumping from high distances (lately it's off the lovesac or the toilet)
4. Strangers (dangerous I know)
5. Fans (He had a little "incident" last week)
Enjoy! I think he'll grow out of it (most of them anyway, Greg never lost his fear of cats so maybe not) but until then I will enjoy laughing at all the hilarious fears I stumble upon.
May 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM
What was his little incident with the fan last week? That's funny that he is afraid of bandaids. Hopefully he won't need one until he's over that fear.
May 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM
Sounds like a substantial list, but reasonable for someone who's only been in the world for two years. I guess he's NOT afraid of that cute red doggie on his beautiful new quilt, though!
May 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM
Heidi... um so today was so slow at work that I spent the entire day reading all of your old posts and I am amazed! What a life you lead!
May 28, 2008 at 4:17 PM
haha, so funny. Mike and I had a good laugh at this in VA this weekend.