I love Jackson!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Parenting is exhausting, hard, mentally, physically, and emotionally taxing. Although sometimes your kids surprise you with a hilarious moment that just makes you laugh out loud. Today Jackson surprised me with THREE of those moments!
1. I was sitting on the floor in Jackson's room, diaper in hand, wipes at close reach, waiting for him walk in my personal space, at which time I would pounce and proceed to change his diaper at lightning speed. But Jackson has figured out to conveniently stay just out of arms reach when he's poopy. So today I tried something new. I said "Jackson, lay down so that I can change your diaper." I'd never done it before but I figured he could understand me right? So he looked at me with the most confused expression and slowly got down on his hands and knees and eventually lay all the way down: flat on his stomach, and about 5 feet away. I'm sure he was thinking "I don't know why mom is telling me to lay down but I'll do it anyway!" It was so cute to see him just do what I said, in his own way.
2. I was folding clothes and of course Jackson was "helping" (opening and closing the dryer door, throwing crackers inside and walking around with socks on his head). So I found a shirt of his that has a basketball on it. I folded it and said "Jackson, look at your shirt with the balls on it." Jackson loves balls so he of course came running (with a sock on his head). He saw the folded shirt with the balls, lay down on the floor and pressed his cheek against the shirt and took a deep sigh. Wow I know he likes balls but I had no idea it was this bad!
3. Whenever I am cleaning my room, Jackson likes to jump on my bed, which could be a bad thing, but he just loves it so much how could I stop him? So he was jumping and he stopped, looked straight at me and muttered an unintelligible word. I was confused so I just ignored him and he said it again with so much force. So I came closer to him and he said it again. So I counted to three and threw myself on the bed next to him! He squealed so happily and said the word again. I counted again and jumped and again and again! Who knew there was a word for "mom come jump on the bed with me?"
I'm sure these are meaningless to you, but I didn't want to forget, and when you're a mom, you have to find joy in even the smallest things or else you will go crazy!
August 21, 2007 at 8:44 AM
i love when they do cute things like that. stella does the exact same thing when it's time for me to changer her. i don't know why i always sit down before she's there, but i do, and then i try to get her to come over which isn't easy. i love your stories and a very cute boy!
August 21, 2007 at 12:51 PM
haha, I love kid stories. Kids do so many funny things. I love jackson putting the crackers in the laundry...he is a rose, so I guess he took after those genes for loving anything to do with balls. I hope you have fun with Sharon visiting! We miss you.
August 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Keep the stories coming, to any of us "mom's" out here in blogville we love them and they are never meaningless!