Day of Deals  

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Greg can attest that nothing puts me in a better mood than getting a GREAT deal. This past Friday was just one of those perfect days where I seemed to stumble across every great deal in the greater Portland area. Here's the play-by-play.

[disclaimer: all of my purchases were made with no haggling, punching, or manipulating of any kind. They were all achieved with complete integrity]

1. Garage Sale #1-

A beautiful green velvet tablecloth with the cutest trim that I am going to cut up to make our Christmas stockings.
Actual retail Price: probably about $20 if you count the trim
Heidi's insane low price: $2

A a 4' x 3' eight paneled old window (been searching for one for a long time) to mount on my wall with a wreath in front (like the one at Scott and Kristen's house--love it). It's already antiqued so one less step for me.
Actual retail price: $35 online
Heidi's insane low price: $4

2. Garage sale #2-

8 kids books (Frog and toad are friends, the very grouchy ladybug, the foot book, and others) in perfect condition.
Actual retail price: Probably about $40
Heidi's insane low price: $2.25

3. Garage Sale #3-

A plastic blue kids chair that I had to buy because Jackson sat in it the whole time we were at the garage sale.
Actual retail price: Probably about $10
Heidi's insane low price: $2

The game of Upwords- the official board game of the city of Mesa- with no missing pieces in perfect condition.
Actual retail price: Probably about $25
Heidi's insane low price: $2

4. Paperzone

I had to pick up some envelopes for an order of 100 invitations and I walked into the store during their "entire store 15% off sale" Always nice to know your profit margin is going to be a little more than expected.
Actual Retail Price: $23 for 250 envelopes
Heidi's Insane Low price: $19.55

5. Joann Fabric and Crafts:

An 8x10 frame for a family proclamation to the world wedding gift with the couples picture printed behind the lettering.
Actual retail Price: $14.99
Heidi's Insane low price: $3.99

total savings:$132.20

Sometimes saving so much money can be exhausting! Good luck with your own hunt for great deals!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ Day of Deals ”

  • Sharon
    August 12, 2007 at 7:09 PM  

    I'm so impressed. I can't wait to see the window (like Kristin's, I love that too) and the tablecloth that you are going to make stockings out of.

  • Jessica
    August 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

    Wow Heidi. You seriously have to call me up some Saturday to go shopping with you. And don't worry. I would be so in awe of your great skills I wouldn't steal any of your great deals! I hadn't read your blog for awhile and loved all of the posts, especially the lovely pictures of you :) and the video of Jackson walking around with the blanket on his head!

  • brittany
    August 12, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

    i love a good deal. i am so impressed. we should go garage sale-ing together sometime. it is my favorite weekend pass time.

  • Angela and Mike
    August 13, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

    haha, I am actually not a crazy deal person...so I'm proud of you. I'm sure I end up spending a lot more money. You'll have to give me tips or something about bargain shopping, I always start panicing and feeling clostraphobic (wow, I don't know how to spell that). one more reason why Heidi is the better daughter in law. haha.

  • Barlow Fam
    August 13, 2007 at 2:21 PM  

    WOW! That's awesome. Good for you, I love a good deal. By the way, we got Matt & Kristin's announcement, It was awesome. Looked like a Heidi creation!?!