Anniversary Getaway!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Greg and I were finally able to take a weekend excursion...without Jackson! It was a much needed break and it turned out to be a blast. Greg's uncle so graciously agreed to let us use his beach house in Cannon Beach for the weekend in honor of our third anniversary. We got there on a beautiful Friday afternoon and spent the evening walking the beach, eating at a fabulous restaurant and of course...watching High School Musical 2.
Saturday we spent the day browsing all the cute little shops and art galleries. We stumbled across this sign at a candy shop:
We then rented some "funcycles" for a ride on the beach; the highlight of the trip.
We even came across a fashion shoot on our ride. Greg offered to do it but they said the camera couldn't handle his raw masculinity. Maybe next time.
Here's a picture of Greg leaving me in the dust. He literally was doing circles around me. Sue me if I like to bike at a casual pace and enjoy the scenery.
We also went to the tidepools at Haystack Rock and to Fultano's for some fantastic Pizza. We were all ready for smores and a bonfire, although decided against it due to rain. Turns out microwave smores are pretty good too.
Sunday after church in seaside, we took one last walk along the beach and soaked in the beautiful day.
Cannon beach is just so beautiful and a great place to relax. Couldn't think of a greater place to enjoy the finer things in life. Here's to three great years!
August 19, 2007 at 11:23 PM
i love the photo collage at the end. it has all the right colors and feel of the beach! i am so glad you guys had tons of fun. cannon beach is one of our favorite places and i love when other people love it to.
August 20, 2007 at 10:09 AM
What a great place to spend a weekend. I can't think of anyplace better. I love all your pictures and am so glad that you guys had a blast. You both deserve it. Here's to the next 3 great years!
August 20, 2007 at 2:03 PM
Aww, happy anniversary! I'm glad you guys were able to get away. How did jackson do with you being gone? I love the pics!
August 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM
So cute! I love all the pictures and I must say I am jealous. Ryan has never been to Oregon and I am dying to get him there. I am glad you had a fabulous anniversary! Congratulations on 3 years!
August 20, 2007 at 8:41 PM
happy anniversary. it looks beautiful. i love the collage!
August 22, 2007 at 9:26 AM
Those huge rocks coming out of the ocean reminded me of the rocky coast in Goonies. Does anybody know where that was filmed?
August 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM
In fact, Goonies WAS filmed at Cannon beach. Good eye Brooke!
August 23, 2007 at 10:38 PM
I guess now you understand why I talk so much about this awesome State.
P.S. My wife and I went to disneyland for our Honeymoon and she said that she wouldnt mind living in Burbank