Weekend Trip #3: Crayola Factory  

Saturday, June 6, 2009


Somebody asked me today how I knew about the Crayola factory.

'Jon and Kate Plus 8' we replied. Ever since we found out we were moving to the East, I have been watching the show fanatically and recording ideas for fun day trips for the kids. The way I figure, if I place can handle a set of twins and sextuplets, chances are my kids can't do too much damage.

A little pathetic I know.

But I am so glad I did. The Crayola factory turned out to be one of the best trips we have taken as a family thus far. If I ever got the dream job of being a reviewer for a travel magazine, here would be my review of the Crayola Factory:

"Located in downtown Easton, Pennsylvania, the Crayola factory sits in a picturesque setting that could have been the inspirations for a Norman Rockwell painting. With reasonably priced tickets, kids can easily spend 2-3 hours doing a variety of color and art themed projects (finger painting, clay sculpting, coloring, cutting, and more). Also included is an up-close demonstration on how crayons and markers are manufactured. The factory has several hands on stations including a floor chalk area, a visual dance game, a reading area, and a colorful play area. Children also receive several tokens that can be cashed in for Crayola products that the kids can take home. Also included in the price of admission is entrance to the Canal museum, which houses model boats for kids to race, trains, building materials and a giant model boat for exploring. This place is perfectly tailored to kids and parents alike"

So if you couldn't tell, the Crayola factory gets 5 stars. And actually so does the Canal Museum. I honestly couldn't tell you which one Jackson enjoyed more.

Although we have been able to do so many fun things and see some amazing places, being at the Crayola factory made us realize something. All Jackson really needs to be happy is a pair of scissors and some paper. If it were up to him we would cut all day (supervised of course, I know what Jackson is capable of given the right weapon).

Maybe next weekend we will just give him a stack of newspaper and let him go to town.

And for your viewing pleasure, here is Jackson bustin' a move at the dancing game in the Crayola Factory. He learned everything he knows from his dad. I cannot take take credit for those moves.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ Weekend Trip #3: Crayola Factory ”

  • Angela and Mike
    June 7, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

    Awesome trip. I wanna go! Sounds like the perfect place for both kids and parents. Looks like Bennett even got to enjoy the fun with the dance help from Greg. Wow, Jackson really does have some moves...very impressive

  • Jordan
    June 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    looks great! glad to hear that Jackson enjoys cutting things. I'm sure Greg is picturing Jackson cutting down a basketball net after winning a basketball Championship. But I'm sure he'll be very artistic as well. How are his drum sticks doing? Some of the greatest drummers really got serious at age three. Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd. They also were into tap dancing. They would play the drum and then tap dance a rythm and play the drum and tap dance another rythm. Pretty cool! I think Jackson would be great at that!

  • brittany
    June 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

    it sounds like you guys are having such a good time and making the most of your time out there. i love reading about all the fun things you are doing and wishing i could do them too!

  • Zach and Sarah
    June 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

    I've wanted to go to a crayon factory ever since I saw the crayon making bit on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood . . . oh, 25 years ago or so. Until you get your dream job as a reviewer for a travel magazine, you should really submit some stuff to Family Fun magazine. I think they even pay:-)

  • Jill
    June 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

    You have the best ideas!