Myths
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Before moving here, my experience with New Jersey stemmed from cracks I would hear from Conan, and pictured something like this: 
It is true that New Jersey does look like this. But, the better part of the state compensates by providing gorgeous trees, and some very beautiful scenery.
This morning I took the kids to a farm (yes they exist here too!) and picked strawberries. I think Jackson ate more than we picked. We bought a bagfull of oats and fed the farm animals, which was wonderful until Jackson nearly got his pinky chomped off by an over-eager donkey. Jackson may never be the same around animals.
After naps we played at this park up the street. We often go there just to let Jackson throw rocks in the river, one of his favorite pastimes. 
A big thanks to Jamie who made this all possible. Without an extra pair of hands, who would hold Bennett while I wiped off his juicy red hands, or watch Jackson as he sprinted off, or let a baby cow lick food from her hand because Jackson was to scared?
I hope you rethink what you've thought about New Jersey. This is the garden state after all.
June 18, 2009 at 4:45 AM
Sounds like an ideal day!
June 18, 2009 at 7:11 AM
That park is soooo green. We don't see that here in Utah. And those strawberries look delish.
June 18, 2009 at 8:03 AM
What a fun day! Your boys are sooo cute!
June 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM
yummy I want to go berry picking!