Closet Kids
Monday, June 8, 2009
My kids have been dubbed "The Closet Kids" by the other interns here. Is it because they are so quiet and shy they would rather go hide in a closet?
Not hardly.
The truth is that my kids both sleep in the closet. Different closets mind you, but closets just the same.
Bennett has always slept in the closet and until his brother learns the dangers of 'too much love' he will continue to sleep in the closet (at least as long as we have only have 2 available bedrooms). It's going to be awfully silly when someone asks us why we have our 7 year old in our closet. Hopefully Jackson will learn how to share a room before then.
Jackson usually sleeps in a bed. But when we moved here, he kindly gave up his bed for his grandma and took up residence on two couch cushions in his walk-in closet (it's big I promise). Since then he has preferred his couch cushion bed to his regular bed. And to be honest so have I. Having a windowless room is very handy come morning when the early rising sun does not disturb his sleep.
So thus, our kids have become the closet kids. The only real damage I see is the fact that our couch only has 1 cushion for most of the time. Don't worry, when we have company, we pull the cushions out of the closet and put them back on the sofa, because we wouldn't want anyone to know about our dirt little secret. Except all the interns...and the entire world wide web.
June 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM
I didn't know Jackson joined the closet crew. Wow, who needs bedrooms anyways right? We had Colton sleep in the bathroom for our trip, so at least a closet is a step up from that!
June 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM
stella slept in the closet at my parents house every time we would visit and she loved it. i loved it too because of all the reasons you mentioned.
June 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Looks pretty cozy to me.
June 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Kye slept in his closet for one entire summer. I think he felt safe in there, and really, I can see his point.