On the Road Again
Friday, May 15, 2009

We said goodbye to Wisconsin for 12 weeks on Wednesday as we pulled out of the driveway on a very rainy day. By some miracle from on high, we were able to fit everything we needed in both cars (even Jackson's bike!) with room to spare. We left on time, the house was [pretty] clean, the lawn was fertilized, the cars had been checked out, tires full of air, and we had a bag full of toys and goodies for Jackson to help ease the pain of more than 14 hours in the car.
I am writing from a hotel outside of Pittsburgh (a surprisingly gorgeous city-I could live here) and the trip thus far could not have gone more smoothly. Jackson has slept when he was supposed to, the activities we brought him were perfect, the scenery gorgeous, and I have had plenty of good things to listen to while we drive. It's been wonderful to have Greg's mom here to give us a break and keep us company while we drive.
We have been listening to some short radio shows on CD as we drive. One of them mentined Mary Poppins. Jackson was in a deep sleep, but woke up to the mention of her name.
"Mary Poppins!"
And then right back to his slumber. Laughter ensued.
I can only hope the next 6 hours will go just as smoothly as the last 10. New Jersey here we come! 
May 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM
i'm excited for you to get out here! here's to road trips!!
May 16, 2009 at 7:05 AM
We'll definitely miss you this summer, but I'm excited for your adventures!
May 16, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Welcome to the East Coast! Let us know if you decide to come for a visit sometime. Angie will be here a week in June. I'm impressed by your positive travel attitude! Of course, having Grandma helps.