Better  

Monday, May 4, 2009

The doctor assured me today that the cause of Bennett's 4 day fast was due to the Roseola Virus.

Why is it that naming the problem is so comforting?

When they weighed him at his appointment today, the nurse came back in to weigh him twice. "This can't be right, it shows that he's lost weight since the last time he was in." Yes, a cheerio diet will do that to you. But no worries, the virus has not affected his head size at all (95%) or his length (75%). Just his weight (25%)

She did say that he's been through the worst of it and that it is only uphill from here on out.

She must know something because today Bennett ate pears and potatoes. I was nearly crying with joy.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 Validations of my effort: to “ Better ”

  • Jessica
    May 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

    I'm glad to hear that he's doing better Heidi. That must have been so frustrating! I hope the rest of you are doing good. Do you leave for New Jersey soon?

  • Jill
    May 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

    My first child had the flu a week before his two year check up. He weighed in at a quarter pound less than he did at his one year check up. The doctor diagnosed him with "Failure to Thrive." I have NEVER gotten over it! Not to worry, he's a healthy adult now.