Happy Birthday Heidi  

Thursday, May 7, 2009

While I would not put it out of the realm of possibility for Heidi to write a birthday wish to herself on the blog, this is Greg :).

Heidi has joined me at age 26 (for a few months) and I wanted to say that she has been an incredible support to me all year and keeps our life fun. I feel lucky to be married to her and appreciate her more and more as our marriage has progressed (almost 5 years!).

Last year I went all out for her birthday (surprise camping trip) and set the bar higher than I could match this year, especially since it is finals week. So this year will be much simpler with a nice evening planned.

I did however get a chance to bring my computer to church on Saturday, and after a youth activity pulled out the guitar and piano and recorded a song I started writing for her before we were married and finally finished last year.

Here's the link if you'd like to listen (be forewarned, it's a bit sappy).
Love you honey!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Validations of my effort: to “ Happy Birthday Heidi ”

  • Angela and Mike
    May 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

    Happy birthday Heidi. I hope you enjoy the song...you FINALLY are inspiring enough for Greg to finish the song. Greg, where is the link?

  • Crystal
    May 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

    Happy Birthday Heidi!!! I miss and love ya! Ya, Greg, I want to hear the song to. Looks like Heidi needs to verse you in posting the actual link! hehe jk

  • Shannon
    May 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

    Happy Birthday Heidi!

  • Jessica
    May 7, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

    Happy Birthday Heidi! I must say I always remember your birthday when we lived next door, and Greg's big plans for a day of hairstyling and shopping for you. It was fun to live close and watch Jackson for you that day. Hopefully you got a little break on this birthday too!

  • Jill
    May 8, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

    Happy Birthday, Heidi! You are an inspiration! Even though I've raised my kids, I like to read all your ideas and share them. You're a great mom, and a creative, bright, lovely person!

    And I'd say any husband who's working on finals AND writing a sappy love song is no slouch either. I think you're BOTH lucky. (I couldn't hear the song, yet, but I'll keep checking!)

  • Amber
    May 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

    Loved the song! Heidi is quite a catch! You guys are a great couple with a beautiful family! Happy Birthday Heidi!

  • hilary w
    May 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

    How romantic! I loved the song. I hope you had a great birthday, Heidi. We will miss you this summer!!!!