Project
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Jackson is not going to transition well with the new baby. I'm going to get that out right now. He loves to have all of my attention and starts calling my lap "Jackson's lap" if I am holding any other child for too long.
Which brings me to my new project. Big boy bedding! I've been thinking he would like it a lot more if he had something special and new rather than feeling like the baby was taking his "old bed." Also I have always felt a little guilty for never making Jackson a blanket, pillow, or even a burpcloth when he was born.
So here is my new idea for bedding for Jackson. The first one is his bedspread (the lines are the stitches) and the second one would be the pattern for the coordinating sheets/curtains. I don't even know if I have the skills to do something like this (or where to buy orange polka dotted sheets?) but I'm excited to take on a new project. I hope Jackson likes it! 

April 9, 2008 at 11:11 AM
I've been doing a bedding search as well as I came across this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10125636
It's not exactly what you had posted, but it might be close enough to try.
April 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM
That would be so cute! I bet Jackson would love it. Yeah, I hate trying to FIND the stuff that I've been imagining in my head. I've been doing a lot of that with the new house. I think it'll be great, you can do it!
April 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM
This looks like something they would totally sell at Target! I love it! You could also check there (if you haven't already) for something fun. They always have cute stuff or at least some ideas. Good luck. I searched forever for bedding for my boys and finally ended up spending way too much for it. If you can make it, go for it! It will save you a bundle and Jackson will LOVE it. The orage is so cute!