Better Late than Never  

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Well we waited util the last day possible, but we finally made it to the Tulip Festival this year. Luckily the weather agreed with us or we would have had one unhappy camper (Greg, he loves this kind of thing).





We strategically decided to avoid the "carnival" part of it until after we had seen the gorgeous rows and rows of tulips (or the boring part as Greg would call it). We couldn't have made a better choice. Jackson stayed in his stroller most of the time in the flowers so it made it that much more enjoyable for us.

Once we got back to the play area, we though Jackson would just run wild with all the fun things they had. Unfortunately we forgot to take into account his latest fear of...everything. So we ended up spending most of our time with the horse swing (which I had to do some serious persuasion just to get him on) and the rubber duck racing.


Jackson loved the duck racing. We had to leave earlier than he wanted once his OCD kicked in and he kept hording all the duckies and lining them up. I guess he just wanted all his ducks in a row.


I just love the tulip festival. I love trying to take pictures that might be good enough for the wallpaper on my computer. Here was my best attempt:


It was a really great time, and we will be so sad to miss it next year.


This last one is for Lisa. Hope this is a good enough side shot for you to see the gigantic protrusion that is my pregnant belly.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


11 Validations of my effort: to “ Better Late than Never ”

  • Sharon
    April 26, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

    Grandpa would be proud of Jackson getting all his ducks in a row. Beautiful tulips. I'm so glad you got to go. I love the picture of Jackson from the back with his orange shirt and then the orange tulips. I also love the one where he is in the middle of the tulips with his hands raised. Your belly doesn't look very big at all.

  • Lori
    April 26, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

    How I miss Oregon - especially the Woodburn tulip festival! I think I've mentioned to Cameron at least 10 times how I wish there were one around here. Tulips are my favorite flower too. I love the family pics (you look fantastic) and the pictures of Jackson. I've got to go cover my veggie garden before it snows tonight. Enjoy Oregon for me!

  • Kandis
    April 27, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

    Yeah for the belly!!! Those tulips are quite amazing, I loved all the pics. Jackson cracks me up with lining things up these days!

  • The Caple Crew
    April 27, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

    Do you have a book of pictures of your pregnant belly? I have one for when I was pregnant with Ryanne and she loves to look at it. I am totally going to do it with the rest of them. I love pregnant bellies! I think they are so awesome!

  • Lisa Wahlin
    April 28, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Lisa Wahlin
    April 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

    Thanks for posting the lovely pregnant picture! You look great! Hardly winded. Just be glad one of your close cousins or siblings did not decide to get married the week before you were due so that you had to be in all the family pictures and look as big as a house! I know some many people who hardly show at all, but I think Heidi, I am sad to say that you and I are not one of those lucky few.

  • Aleena
    April 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

    Gorgeous! Wow those tulips are amazing. You look fabulous! Jackson is so cute.

  • Angela and Mike
    April 28, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

    haha, I love all the little ducks in a row. That is a little OCD. It looks beautiful. I wish I could see somethign pretty like that, but alas, I live in Las Vegas. NO pretty here.

  • Ashley and Ben
    April 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

    Heidi, you are such a cute pregnant lady! And you don't really look underaged with alittle extra weight:)Do people hassel you about being too young to have kids still?

  • Crystal
    April 30, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

    Bummer! I was supposed to be there this year for your last festival! I really did want to come out, but with sickness, pregnancy, etc. it made it impossible. Maybe Wisconsin will have some cool sights, like cheese factories! hehe Great job on all the pics!!

  • Cami
    May 9, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

    Since I have never seen you pregnant, I think it is so WIERD since you have always been the super skinny one!! :)No offense intended:) I love you pregnant!