Oops! Bad parenting moment.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Today while out to lunch with a few Relief Society sisters, I was *distracted and Jackson fell down and knocked his head on the corner of the chair. Of course kids are resilient and I don't want to baby him to much so I held him and let him whine for a minute before I put him down. In a matter of 10 seconds the small "bump" was a giant goose egg on his forehead! oops! the picture does not do it justice. I tried to get a side shot so you could see how big it was but jackson hasn't learned the word "profile" yet.
luckily 2 cupcakes and a hug made him forget all about it.
*The distraction that I mentioned was in fact a police holdup right outside the restaurant. 6 police with guns drawn were pointing at two men with their hands on the air (one on the ground). It was intense. The store even locked the doors to keep any stray scary people from running inside. I guess being locked inside a pizzeria gave us more time to visit!
February 27, 2008 at 6:28 AM
Poor kid, but wow, what excitement!
February 27, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Ow! Looks a little painful. How did the holdup end? I want to hear "the rest of the story".
February 27, 2008 at 3:50 PM
Ouch! That does look like it hurts! I'm glad the cupcakes made it all better though :) I'm also glad you didn't get in the middle of the gun/police deal outside. Crazy. I bet you felt like you were in a movie.
February 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM
That is crazy! Doesn't sugary things make all kids feel better? When Ryland hit her head she didn't cry nearly as much as she did when she pinch her toe and got it cut. Weird, but oh well! He is still a cutie even with the egg! Hey you planning any trips out here before you move?
February 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM
Jackson,
Hi. I'm your aunt Kristen and I'm a social worker. Don't worry, I will report this to Child Protective Services free of charge.
Hang in there kid,
Aunt Kristen
February 28, 2008 at 9:32 AM
sounds like a crazy lunch. both my girls have had their fare share of goose eggs. I think it just comes with being a kid!
March 4, 2008 at 8:37 PM
Let me get this straight. You're witnessing a gun-bearing crime scene (stressful enough) when your two year old falls and gets a significant bump (really more stressful than needed. I hope you all ordered extra pizza!