Proud Moments for a Father
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I'm not a regular on this blog but feel like I should make the occasional contribution. Today is one of those days where I'm happy to report the following:
1) Baby #2's gender has been identified, and it's a boy keeping in line with the long-standing Rose tradition of having almost all boys. Heidi's remark when we learned the news was "Hmm, against all odds." I had to chuckle.
So we are now 2/5 of the way to producing a killer basketball team for family reunions, and 2/4 of the way to creating an international music sensation like the Jonas Brothers.
2) Last night as I walked Jackson to the car, he noticed something outside in front of a driveway. "Hoop!" he yelled. "Yes Jackson, that's a hoop. What do we play on that?"
"Backetball!" "Yes, basketball. What do we do when we play basketball?"
"Shoot!"
He's got his priorities straight. However, he did follow that up by saying "Pass", "Dribble", and "Oh, almost!" which are all the comments I've been teaching him as we watch "backetball" on my slingbox.
Good work son.
Last comment...I would just like to thank Heidi for locking the keys in the car today so I could have the joy of coming home for lunch.
February 12, 2008 at 11:54 AM
I've had that joy of retrieving the keys from a locked car. What a blessing!
February 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Next time I visit, I'm going to ask Jackson what we do when we play basketball and then I'm going to teach him to say, "play defense". What do you think, Greg?
February 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Congratulations! Jeff will be jealous. :-)
February 12, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Yeah congrats! We are so excited. I still think that we are going to have the first girl in the Rose family. mark my words. Baby #2 looks just like Jackson. haha.
February 12, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Rychen has no problem passing to me, but if I then try to shoot he gets upset and says to me, "no! Pass it back to me so I can shoot!"
February 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM
Typical Rose....Shoot first, think second. Congrats man, excited to get you guys in the Dairy Land of America.
February 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM
congratulations you guys!! very exciting. I love greg's version of the reveal. I am sure Jackson is quite the up and coming basketball player.
February 12, 2008 at 7:15 PM
I agree with Angela, he does look just like Jackson. That is the first thing I thought when I blew up the pic. I am having another girl as you know, so I know what it is like to feel against the odds. Maybe one of us will have the opposite sex at some point. I am so excited for you. Lisa told me you were thinking about Davis. That is cute.
February 12, 2008 at 11:03 PM
You are too funny! Congrats again on the BOY even though it is against all odds!
February 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM
Congratulations, Greg and Heidi! Our bun is a boy, too. Brad's hoping he gets his height and my dad's jump shot. If our boys weren't due to live thousands of miles apart, they might have been able to play some one-on-one. (MapQuest says Everett, WA and Madison, WI are 1949 miles apart, so not quite plural thousands, but close enough.)
February 13, 2008 at 9:53 AM
Congratulations! Two boys! We'll let you know what it's like. We'll have a few months head start on you. :) Hopefully we'll have our little boy here today or tomorrow!
February 13, 2008 at 7:51 PM
That's one cute little Jackson look-like. I guess if you strike gold once, you should just do it again! Congratulations!
February 15, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Congrats!!! I found your blog link on Mike and Angela's blog. That's awesome you're having another boy, I'm hoping for all boys (maybe one girl). Where are you guys at now? Jackson's so cute, I love the rainboots!
February 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM
How fun that we will be pregnant at the same time!