I've arrived
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Nothing comes without a price. Like I learned in BYU Econ class (twice unfortunately), there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Babies are no exception. In order to bless our home with another bundle of joy, I get to "pay" in the form of 9 months of discomfort in every way, painful delivery and the worst of all: months of sleepless nights (to name a few). Davis is the most adorable, good natured, happy baby. He hardly every cries and puts himself to sleep. But waking up in the night day after day again and again gets old fast. I fact, it gets old after day one.
So you can imagine how elated, joyful, ecstatic I felt when I woke up to realize I had slept a solid 8 hours, With no interruptions. Thank you Davis. Thank you. I wanted to cry with joy.
And even better? He did it again last night.
I have officially arrived!
July 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Oh.... you are so lucky! EIGHT HOURS!!!
And I love your new look- the blog is looking fantastic.
Congratulations on both. :)
July 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM
I'm jealous.
July 22, 2011 at 5:50 AM
I love the new layout. :)
July 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM
What a happy day! Congrats to you and Davis! :) Hope it sticks!
Potty training terrifies me. We're doing little bits here and there with McKenna... sticker on a chart everytime she pees in the potty. When the chart is full I'll let her try underwear. Bribed her with princess stuff if she goes #2 in the potty. I keep thinking if I expose her to enough potty books and movies she'll just do it herself. :/
July 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM
happy happy day! how did your mom do it 10 times?!
July 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM
AWESOME news! Go Davis! I hope he keeps it up. Now on to 12 straight hours :)
July 23, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Hooray!
July 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM
You lucky girl! I got 5 1/2 hours straight last night and thought that was amazing!
Loving the new header picture! CUTE SHOES!