Bennett in the spotlight
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
"Mom I love you so much. And I like smiling at you. But when the girls smile at me I do this [sticks out tongue]"
"Why do you stick your tongue out at the girls?"
"Because they say I'm cute!"
Bennett has become quite the celebrity these days. He can't walk the halls at church without several preteen girls coming and asking him for hugs. He tries to play hard to get by sticking his tongue out at anyone who calls him cute, but inside he LOVES the attention. It takes me at least 15 minutes to get out the church door each sunday because he is thronged with people stopping him to say hi, give him a fist bump, hug him, or just pick him up.
This weekend some friends are going to watch the older boys overnight while Greg and I spent the night in New York. They have a daughter who is 10 and I overheard her bragging to her friend "he gets to stay at our house on Friday, he is sooo cute!" Bennett stuck out his tongue.
It's been wonderful for his confidence. He's always been a little more reserved and quiet, so it's great to see him open up a bit. Although I am afraid it might be giving Jackson a bit of a complex. But then again Jackson's never been lacking in the self assurance.
We just love Bennett. And apparently we are not alone.
July 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Bennett, the heartbreaker. How funny that he sticks out his tongue! With that adorable face and suave personality I can certainly see what he's a heartthrob.
July 26, 2011 at 7:43 PM
I love your new look blog.
July 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM
all your boys are heart throbs!
July 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM
I love that first photo! What a charmer! :)