Jimmertime
Friday, June 24, 2011
When Greg and I got married 7 years ago all the planning pretty much went without a glitch, until the time came to plan our honeymoon.
You see our honeymoon conflicted with the NBA draft.
I kept hearing whispers. From his mom, his brothers, his friends. 'Are you going to watch the draft on your honeymoon?' They would ask in the lowest of voices thinking I wouldn't overhear. For me it was a no brainer. I can't even believe we are even talking about this. I mean come on people, I KNOW my fiance, and he would NEVER choose to watch the NBA draft on our honeymoon.
Just goes to show how little I knew about Greg when we got married.
So when Greg asked me a few weeks ago if he could go the NBA draft in Newark, I complied immediately. Because after 7 years of marriage, I know few things mean more to him than the NBA draft (trumped only by Selection Sunday, and oh yeah, Church Family and Work).
So in a surprisingly short amount of time he drummed up 14 other crazy BYU fans to make the hour long trek up to the draft. But my role as "supportive wife" did not end there. I was contracted to cut out letters for everyone to wear on their shirts, as well as make 6 giant posters spelling out the words "Jimmer = the Real King James." So after about 6 hours of labor and a cramped right hand, I sent the boys off with hopes of making it onto ESPN.
Well they may not have gotten the airtime he was hoping for (I guess ESPN doesn't pan up to the nosebleeds) but he did score an interview with on online ESPN show ESPNUnited. We'll see if we come across it at some point. But more than that, it was a great way for Greg to let loose a little and enjoy BYU Basketball again after a couple of months of drought. And with our anniversary coming up in just a few days, it's kind of come full circle in our lives.
And just for the record, he did NOT watch the NBA draft on our honeymoon. And for those of you who know him well, (or have talked to him for more than 5 minutes about basketball) it just goes to show just how much he loves his wife.
June 25, 2011 at 10:28 AM
What a supportive wife you are! How fun for them!
June 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
June 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM
I was going to say the same thing! You are an amazing wife!
June 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM
you are a good wife!