Sickies  

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our house is full of sick people. Yesterday wasn't so bad because Greg was feeling better and Jackson was feeling worse.

But today, Jackson is feeling better, but Greg is feeling worse. So instead of watching movies and taking naps, Jackson is asking when can we go somewhere. Double the work and helf the help. Yesterday Jackson wiped his snotty nose on our couch pillow.

Bennett is our angel. He's been keep himself entertained and quiet. He's the only healthy one in all this mess. But I'm sure thats not for long with all the coughing, kleenex, and germs floating around this place.

More than I hate being sick, I hate getting sick. I like to pride myself on my above average immune system. So when I do get sick it's a big blow to my self esteem.

Well at least Greg is home too so we can take shifts. Any creative ideas for keeping the kids entertained in a house full of sick people?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Validations of my effort: to “ Sickies ”

  • Unknown
    November 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

    Sorry to hear of all the sickness you guys are dealing with! Don't be too down on yourself for getting sick, it's better than an overactive immune system where you'd end up with autoimmune diseases and the body actually attacks itself. Hope you all feel better soon!

  • hilary w
    November 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

    I'm so sorry you are all still fighting this bug! What a bummer. Whenever I'm down and out and Jack needs entertaining, I resort to movies, Wii games, and computer websites! I hope you hang in there until the crew is recovered.

  • Jordan
    November 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

    hmmm.. you could go to the grocery store and get cough drops. that would be a fun activity for the kids. hope you all feel better.

  • Jill
    November 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

    So sorry. Hope you feel better soon. No guilt for as many movies as the kids can watch.