Letter to a friend
Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dear Doggie,
I have so many things to say to you. You have spent a long time with our family and for that I am grateful. I am writing you today to express my gratitude, and yet, I will try to remember that you only have cotton for brains and spend all day with a 3 year old.
Thank you for keeping my child warm each night and for helping him be brave, even if the room (or closet) is very dark. Thank you for cuddling with Jackson as he watches morning cartoons or eats cereal or takes a long car ride. Thank you for kissing him when he hurts, when mommy kisses just aren't enough. I appreciate the companionship you provide as you watch him do a puzzle, read a book, or just hang around, because sometimes I can't always be there even when I want to be. Thank you for being a listening ear when mom just can't handle another rendition of "go, diego, go," the song with only two words. Thank you for taking the beatings as Jackson flings you across the room to test his own strength.
Thank you for being my son's best friend.
And if you could please take a bath, I would really appreciate it.
With Love,
Heidi
August 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM
at least he is fake because greg is allergic to dogs and other furry things... that was a really good post, because you really brought doggie to life. I have come to like Jackson's doggie more because of your kind letter to him. Thank you for posting about doggie.. I really enjoyed this post Heidi!
August 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM
I should write a similar letter to Kinleys dogs...she has a few. Kaden is also allergic to dogs, so thats all she is gonna get.
August 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM
OK, I've got to admit, my stuffed animals were real. Yes, real. I got my stuffed dog Fuzzy for Christmas when I was about five. He was my best friend throughout childhood, and now he lives in my sewing room.