Fort
Saturday, March 14, 2009
After our last move, I was left with several large boxes. They have been doing tons of good in our basement gathering dust. Yesterday I was blessed with a stroke of genius (or at least a stroke of "kind of smart"). Jackson is just the right age to start appreciating forts and playhouses, so I put my natural engineering abilities to work.
I had wonderful plans of building a fort to resemble this beauty: 
Alas, mine ended up more like this.
Fortunately Jackson couldn't tell the difference. He quickly figured out how to launch himself through its tiny window.
It even "fit" Greg. (Fit is a relative term)
So far, taking residence in the new "house" is doggie, blanket, the laptop (so he can watch movies of course!), and an entire basket full of toys. The best part is that he spent the morning making me pretend waffles, soup, and cereal from his house. Now if only he could learn that for real, he would be worth his weight in gold (and 30 pounds is a lot of gold!)
My next cardboard masterpiece? Cardboard car.
March 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM
This doesn't really relate to your post (impressive nonetheless) but I noticed you have 23 songs on your playlist - how long do you expect me to be looking at your blog?
March 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM
That is one SWEET fort!!! I'm so impressed! I'm going to have to remember that when we move.
March 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM
I have to say that even if your fort isn't an exact replica of the one pictured, it is very impressive. my girls would love that, but i don't know that i am that talented. perhaps their dad will have to try one out for them. don't you love ideas that keep kids entertained for long periods of time!!
March 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM
That looks like so much fun. It's even better that it kept Jackson entertained most of the morning. Here's to more mornings playing in the fort.
March 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM
THIS is the stuff of childhood. Way to go!
March 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
PS I love your new picture heading and the quote about boys.
March 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM
That is a great fort. So much fun!