The Happiest Place on Earth
Friday, January 9, 2009
"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
-Walt Disney
What more can I sy about Disneyland that hasn't already been said? I absolutely love this place. I can't tell you how much more memorable it was to take the two boys for their first time.
Jackson was in heaven, and was even brave enough to go on Pirates of the Caribbean (although somehow he was still afraid of King Arthur's Carousel).
We ran from ride to ride all day on what could have been the most crowded day at Disneyland. Jackson and Bennett looked adorable in their matching Disneyland shirts I made them for Christmas.
It was a wonderful day. I think next time we are going to have to go more than once to do everything we want to. Jackson and Kenedee were such cute buddies, They had a blast, although we did decide to skip out on seeing the Princesses to ride the Buzz Lightyear Ride. Sorry Kenedee. You're welcome Greg.
I love you Disneyland, I can't wait to see you again.
January 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM
I love Disneyland too!!! Remember when we went after sophomore year? Good times. But I have to say, Disneyland with kids is always great! :)
January 10, 2009 at 11:13 AM
Isn't Disneyland the best! Funny how we were there a couple weeks ago and nearly froze half to death. Looks like the good weather was saved for you guys!
January 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Disneyland is the best! How fun that you got to take your boys there and go with the whole fam. I love Greg's very animated facial expressions in all the pictures. I'm guessing he was thinking "it's disneyland! Make and excited face!" haha. Mike like's that Jackson doesn't quite know what to do with his hand in the pic where his arm is around Kenedee haha.
We are excited to see you guys this week!
January 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM
What a fun day! I love the shirts you made, too. Disneyland with kids is the BEST!
January 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Disneyland is my favorite! Nat & I are planning to take our husbands there in May because Adam's only been once and Brian's only been twice. In their whole lives!! Unbelievable I know. So I'm very excited and hope they get into the spirit as much as I do. :)
Very cute shirts btw. You're so creative.
January 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM
How cute! I love the looks on their faces, especially Bennett, he seems like he's in awe of it all. Disneyland is an AWEsome place.
By the way, your Christmas card was hands-down the funniest card we received this Christmas. You are so creative-- it was adorable!!! We loved it!
Hope you are having a wonderful time. Don't worry, you haven't missed much here in Wisco. In fact, I think they've canceled church twice for snow, ice, etc. Tomorrow it's going to be a high of 3 degrees. Yippee! (Just thought I'd throw that in there, so you don't get too homesick for us.)
Anyway, enjoy the warm weather and your family. See you soon!
January 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM
those shirts are so cute! I thought of you yesterday as I helped plan and put together our super saturday! good time : )