Boys & Girls  

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think potty training has increased Jackson's gender sensitivity. Today he asked if I was a girl or a boy.
"Mommies are girls," I said, "and Daddies are boys."

We proceeded to name off anyone with which we have ever associated, and named their gender.

"Grandma, girl. Owen, boy. Daddy, boy. Kenedee, girl..."
"How about Hannah?" he asked.
"What about Hannah? Is she a boy or a girl?" I said.
"Hannah is a BOY, " he said confidently.
"Actually Hannah is a girl. Why did you think she was a boy?"
"Because she is SMART"

Been hanging out with Greg a little too much lately I guess. Sorry he thought you were a boy Hannah. At least he thought you were smart. Apparently mommies are dumb as doornails.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ Boys & Girls ”