Almost Famous
Friday, September 5, 2008

I was so excited to hear that I have an article in the September 2008 issue of "The Friend" magazine! I actually received the news via my sister since I do not have a subscription. Once I found out, I daydreamed of all the thousands of kids who would be reading my article. In a church of over 13 million members, I tried to estimate the number of children who read it.
So far nobody has asked for my autograph so I guess the popularity of the magazine has waned since I was in primary. Or maybe it was due to the fact that it was the very last article printed in the magazine. In any event, I'm in there, so if you feel so inclined to read, click here.
Consequently, my dad also has an article in the September 2008 issue (although his is much closer to the front). His is a true story told at the funeral of my grandfather Tony Bradshaw. It's a tear jerker so be prepared. I love that we are both in the same issue, but if anyone asks, he got my writing talent, not the other way around.
September 5, 2008 at 8:57 PM
We get the Friend, and Lucy was THRILLED to see 2 articles written by someone she knows. So can we have your autograph?? :-)
Sarah
p.s. Do you want me to go to the Dist Center and get you a copy? You need one for posterity.
September 6, 2008 at 6:42 AM
I noticed that there was nothing in the article about learning cursive.
September 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM
that really is awesome!!!! Congrats.
September 7, 2008 at 4:21 PM
You are pretty much famous now!I do have to say that I've always admired and envied your handwriting. Good work.
September 7, 2008 at 6:09 PM
You are TOTALLY famous! Or at least you are way cool which is just as good right? How funny that both you and your dad had articles in the same Friend! Way to go Heidi, you are so talented.
September 7, 2008 at 8:31 PM
I loved your story! Congratulations on being published. Now I feel like I know a celebrity author.
September 8, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Hi Heidi! This is Hilary, by the way. I found a link to your blog through Heathers. We have a blog, too, travisandhilary.blogspot.com. Would you mind if I added a link to your blog on mine?
Congrats on the Friend! I went right to the link and loved your story! You are so talented!
September 8, 2008 at 10:30 PM
They always save the best for last!
September 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Heidi, that's great! That's funny that you and your dad's stories got published in the same month. I have that Friend and I read them both. They are good. I'm sure you will inspire many other little children. Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment!
September 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM
I read your story in the Friend.. It motivated me to practice my handwriting! Let's just say I used to have my friends write any cards to important people(i.e. boyfriends) - it is that bad! Maybe a Bradshaw trait? Nahhhh! Congrats girl!
September 14, 2008 at 10:48 PM
I am TOTALLY star-struck. I always knew you were cool, but THIS is awesome. By the way, The Friend is my favorite church publication. I read it cover to cover -- EVEN the last article.