Jackson turns 2
Sunday, March 30, 2008

I am now in recovery mode after Jackson crazy birthday bash yesterday. What started with some cute invitations ballooned into a full fledged party for a 2 year old. Before I knew it, Greg and I were staying up till midnight attaching antennas to party hats for all the kids the night before. Silly I know, but I think it turned out okay. Jackson just thought it was great to have balloons, friends, hot dogs, and enough cupcakes to give a week long sugar rush.
Our attempt to have a "casual birthday party" with friends at the park, was halted by SNOW and pouring rain. We quickly made arrangements to move the party to our clubhouse and packed 25 people into a small conference room.
We chose a "bee theme" since Jackson is insistent we sing the bumblebee song at least 13.6 times a day (actual average). We had the room decorated in yellow and black, served hot dogs with bee shaped crackers and had "The Bee Movie" playing in the theater room next door (Greg's stroke of genius we decided to do that morning). All the kids played a game where they dropped clothespins decorated like bees into a "honey" pot. I made the prettiest cupcakes I have made to this point in my life. We got a picture of the last one before it got eaten.
All in all it was a fun occasion. I think next year we will have a small family gathering. Maybe by his fourth birthday I will have recovered enough to have another big bash. Until then, I have enough yellow and black balloons and streamers to last me a lifetime!
March 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Hmm, I don't know what I did. Lost my comment. Anyway, I love the anntennae on the hats and the bee cupcakes. It looks like a lot of fun. Sorry about the rainy weather. Here in Houston it was a balmy 80 degrees and we were mowing our lawn and washing my car!!
March 30, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Wow sounds like a lot of fun! Wish we could have been there. You are so creative I love the bee theme. Hope you are feeling good. Only 4 more months to go!
March 31, 2008 at 5:29 AM
Darling balloons. How fun!
March 31, 2008 at 8:38 AM
Too cute. We had snow this weekend, too. It was very much unwanted after 2 weeks of almost spring-like weather. So if Jackson just turned 2 does that mean I have to start thinking of Logan's birthday? Holy cow, where does time go?
March 31, 2008 at 8:50 AM
what a fun birthday!! i love the invitation. looks like everyone had a good time. the hats are darling and i love greg's genious bee movie idea.
March 31, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Sounds like so much fun! I am so impressed with your party throwing skills! I hope Jackson had a great day!
March 31, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Wow, that party looks totally awesome! I'm so impressed. Mike and I actually watching the BEE movie last week. It must be because we could feel the "bee" vibes. Hooray for Jackson being 2. We love him. Sorry we forgot to call :( I am currently making a birthday list so that we DON'T forget VERY important birthdays again. I blame the craziness of my life with the upcoming move. :)
March 31, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Cute Heidi! You are always so creative! Sounds like you are having fun with your lil Jackson! Hope to meet him someday soon!
April 1, 2008 at 7:33 AM
Happy Birthday, Jackson! Becca's little Megan just turned two, also. I can't believe it has been that long. We send our love! Looks like you did a BEEautiful job on the party.
April 1, 2008 at 4:57 PM
WOW! what a fun party! It looks like everyone had fun. I am impressed you did this and your pregnant.
April 1, 2008 at 9:47 PM
That is the cutest thing ever! Good job you guys! I only hope I can be that creative with future birthday parties!
April 3, 2008 at 11:09 AM
What a great idea! I love the idea of a bee theme. We are on the every other year birthday party plan at our house. Kylee and Nick alternate years that they get to party...I should have done them on the same year to leave myself a good gap to recover as well. The things we do for our children! Happy Birthday to Jackson!