Choir Boy  

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Football, Dance, Basketball, Cheer... these are the things to come to mind when considering the "cool" things to be involved with in High School (unfortunately for me Yearbook Editor falls under the "dorky" list. Such is life).

But if any you are familiar with Burbank High School (my Alma Mater) you will know that none of those things are considered cool. Our football team hasn't had a winning season since who knows when, our dance team is good but getting more risque by the year, our basketball team has an average height of 5'6" and don't even get me started on the cheerleaders.

I'll tell you what is cool. Choir.

Seriously. It's HUGE. they win national championships every year and go to competitions in New York, the Midwest, etc. and come home with so many first place trophies the other schools have stopped cheering for us.

Now I know you are thinking of this when you think of High School Choir:


Think again.


Here's a video of my brother Taylor at their latest competition. He's pretty much front and center in the whole video. This is the highest level choir singing a medley of hip hop songs in country style. Is this awesome or what?

Here's to you Taylor. Too bad I didn't get the performer genes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Validations of my effort: to “ Choir Boy ”

  • Jill
    March 23, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

    Wow! Are you sure that's not a Hollywood production?
    Who needs sports with a workout like that? Your brother is adorable, by the way.

  • Carly
    March 24, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

    That's awesome! I wish we had something like that at my high school, but it was just like you described: football and cheer pretty much were requirements for popularity. But I did learn something else we had in common... I was a yearbook editor, too! Sports section, go figure.

  • Angela and Mike
    March 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

    Wow, that is totally awesome! I would've loved to be in a choir with all that dancing. Your brother is totally cool....I'm still working on Mike at convincing him that choir is cool :)

  • Jill
    March 24, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

    Angela, I would think that the fact that you were in choir would be enough to convince anyone that choir is cool!

  • renostar
    March 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

    I love it - it's like the Pop Culture version of Oklahoma. Brings back some good memories of my Burbank High choir days - though they were short lived...
    I try to explain to Reno that choir was the cool thing to do in jr. high and high school and Burbank - he'll have to read this blog entry to truly understand.

  • Barlow Fam
    March 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

    See, Jackson is just a "Choir Boy" in the making! : ) Fun videos.