Cruise Highlights
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Greg and I are finally back from our weekend cruise getaway, and it was definitely worth the trip! We had a blast, and are now dealing with the midnight buffet withdraws and Greg swears the swaying of the boat has ruined his balance.
Here are a few of the highlights:
1. Family Feud: Greg and I were the stars of the ships family feud game. Greg was so excited to play he let his 5 minutes of fame cloud his better judgement. When asked to name the one of the Top 5 movie classics of all time, he said without hesitation "Cool Runnings!" Even the host couldn't keep a straight face. Although Greg's comment may have lost us the game, we still got the free keychains as a consolation prize, and Greg walked away with the nickname of "Cool Runnings" by various strangers for the rest of the trip.
2. Salsa Dancing: Nothing is more fun than watching half drunk middle age men try to swing their hips to Salsa music. Greg and I had a blast dancing to the music, and Greg can move his hips surprisingly well for a white guy.
3. Food Food Food: If you've never been on a cruise, the food alone is worth the experience. The buffets are awesome (and are at all times during the day). The nightly dinners were so lavish, we had to block out a half an hour afterwards to digest the food. Greg got a little brave and ate dishes like duck, lamb, mahi mahi, and salmon. I, on the other hand, tried my best to eat steak as much as possible, one of my many weaknesses. We got pizza nightly at midnight at the pizza bar and now we are suffering the effects of gluttony. Luckily it was only a 3 day cruise or we might be in serious health trouble.
4. Shows: We had such a fun time watching all the great shows the ship had to offer. We saw a great impressionist show, a "young ambassadors" type show, some classical music, and spent way too much time listening to awful singers in the karaoke bar. My favorite show had to be kids talent show. It had it all: break dancing, hula hooping, and kids leaping like frogs. When asked what they wanted to be when they grew up, 2 of the kids wanted to work at Denny's, and one wanted to be a car. Dream big kids, dream big.
5. Often times we came into our room to find our towels had been folded into animals on our beds. One night Greg decided to get a little too friendly with our swan towel.
6. Formal night: I must admit I was dreading this night going into the cruise. What on earth does a pregnant woman wear on formal night that makes her feel attractive on less Whale-like? But after I started getting ready I realized it had been a LONG time since I'd gotten all dolled up and I must say, I had a lot of fun getting dressed up. I guess Greg and I need to go out to more fancy places so I can get dressed up more often. Getting dressed up to go to Chili's just doesn't have the same feel.
All in all, we highly recommend it. We could have done without the smoky bars, drunk people, and scantily clad women, but for the price, you can't beat it!
March 12, 2008 at 5:18 AM
Sounds like a blast. You both look fantastic on formal night.
March 12, 2008 at 7:54 AM
Yes, Heidi doesn't even look pregnant in her black dress (her enthusiastic observation that I agree with).
March 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM
The trip looks like it was so much fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to go. That food sounds wonderful. You guys look great on your formal night...and you don't look a BIT "whale-like".
March 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM
High class! Love the swan. Looks like Greg does, too.
So glad you got your nice getaway! You deserved it!