Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Morning  

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We were rushing. "Get your shoes! Jackson don't forget your valentine box! Bennett come get your hair combed! Boys get in the car! Buckle up!"

I start the car.

Nothing.

Again.

Nothing.

Hmm what are these interior lights doing on?

I run out of the car to catch Greg before he speeds off to work.

"The car is dead! Can you jump me before you go?"

But wait, the van is in our tiny one car garage. Have to push it out first so that the cables will reach Greg's car. So I put it in neutral while Greg pushes it out of the garage.

He hits a patch of ice and the car refuses to budge. The van is only halfway out of the garage.

"Roll down your window" Greg yells. I do. Really slowly since the car is losing juice fast." I'm going to try to reach it from there."

So he hooks everything up. I'm freezing because the window is stuck down (the juice is officially gone) and I can't help because the doors are lined up with the garage door, with only a few inches on each side.

We start the cars up and...nothing.

So we try again.

nothing.

Right then our neighbor walks outside to bring in her trash can. "Do you have any jumper cables?" we ask.

No she doesn't. She calls her husband. He doesn't either.

Great. "Well let me just switch the carseats out and I'll drop you off at work." Greg starts chipping at the ice to try and push the car the rest of the way out of the garage.

"Greg, the window is stuck down, we can't leave it outside with the window down."

So he tries to push it back in the garage. No luck.

And then, our angel neighbor comes outside. "I just called my dad (who happens to be the contractor for the condos we live in) and he's sending maintenence over to help."

I could have hugged her right there (if I wasn't stuck inside the car that is).

Maintenence comes and jumps the car and we are on our way in 5 minutes. Turns out our cables are faulty. Good to know.

And that was how my Tuesday began. I hope the rest of the week goes up from here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Validations of my effort: to “ Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Morning ”