Healed
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tonight as the evening progressed, Jackson got increasingly more lethargic and complained about not feeling good. Finally after not believing him for some time, I felt his head. Sure enough, it was hot to the touch. We spent the evening babying him. At dinner he was sitting so quietly. He finally piped in.
"Mom, tomorrow I'm not going to be sick because Heavenly father doesn't want me to be sick."
Even at a young age he seemed to understand a small part of our Heavenly Father's love. He then disappeared into the other room for awhile. I finally found him searching through his church lesson manual.
Finally he opened to the picture of Jesus healing the lepers, a lesson we had on Monday for Family Home Evening.
"See mom, he made them feel better. When is Jesus going to come to our house?" My heart melted and broke at the same time. It was a great opportunity for me to explain about prayer and that we can get help if we pray for it. So he said a sweet little prayer.
Now he is in bed, and I know I will be praying tonight for Jackson to get better, if only to teach my little boy a lesson on prayer.
October 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM
What a sweet story. Amazing how in tuned they are even when they think they aren't getting it! I hope his prayers (and yours) will be answered and he feels better tomorrow!
October 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Wow... That made me teary.
October 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM
Man, that kid is smart. what a cutie. I love thinking of him searching thru that manual to find the picture of Jesus healing the leper. I hope he feels better!
October 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM
That is such a sweet story. I hope he's feeling better!
October 15, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Oh, that is so sweet. What an effective FHE teaher you are! Hopefully he is feeling better today.