Momma's Boy  

Wednesday, February 11, 2009


[this picture is very old, from 2007, just wanted to clarify]
First and foremost, I just want to be clear that Jackson is VERY boy. He loves to kick the soccer ball (inside to my dismay) jump, somersault, throw (anything) and loves cars, trains, monsters, and anything that roars.

That being said...I think spending most of his waking hours with Mom has taken a toll on his "manliness."

We spend most Tuesdays at an open preschool at a nearby elementary school. It has every toy imaginable from trucks to paints to puzzles and blocks. What does Jackson choose to play with? The dollhouse and the pom-poms.

I gave Jackson a haircut this week and I was very pleased with the result.
"Jackson, your hair looks great! I can't believe how handsome you are!" I say.
"No, mom! Pretty! My hair looks pretty! Mommy's hair is pretty, Daddy's hair is pretty, and Jackson's hair is pretty!" He responds.

Can't argue with that logic.

We had some friends over for dinner recently and as always, it became the Jackson show. They asked him what his favorite show was. His response?
"Sleeping Beauty!"
At least it has a dragon.

On the way to church I was multi tasking and lotioning up my legs (the only day they all week they make an appearance). Jackson asks me for some lotion too and I comply. I look back a minute later and he's got both pant legs rolled up and he is daintily applying lotion to his leg. "Oops I forgot my other leg" as he proceeded to lotion up the other leg as well.

That got the sideways glance from Greg and a shrug from me.

To my credit, I am very good about playing legos, racing cars, rebounding shots, and wrestling (okay wrestling not so much), but I can't help being a girl. And Jackson can't help wanting to be just like his dear old mom.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 Validations of my effort: to “ Momma's Boy ”