Out of Reach
Friday, November 14, 2008
Today I am grateful for the top shelf. It's contents include chocolate chips, marshmallows, granulated sugar, cereal, halloween candy, and most recently, two canisters of hot chocolate. soon to be added will be all the medicine.
If only all shelves were top shelves. Then I would never have to clean up spilled pasta, wipe chocolate fingerprints off the floor, wall and counter, or figure out a way to keep little fingers from sneaking "tastes" of sugar.
Pretty soon the only food that will be left in the regular shelves will be cream of tartar, beef broth, and taco seasoning.
Now if I can just figure out a way to keep Jackson from pushing a chair around the kitchen, my cooking experience would be a dream.
November 15, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Austin has learned to open the oven...hot or cold. Yikes! I love that Jackson is such a cute little rascal. He always has a smile on his face and seems quite content...even when he is making trouble! Good luck finding more top shelves!
November 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM
What joys I have to look forward too in the coming years - thanks for the advice! You're boys are as cute as ever, even if they are devious...
November 15, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Two words:
cabinet locks
November 16, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Only problem with top shelves is..how do YOU reach them? I bet you ALSO have to push around the chair. haha. I can't reach our top shelves. I like the "tastes of sugar" idea Jackson came up with.
November 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM
LOL I don't think any mother can ever have enough top shelves;)