How I love Christmas, Let me Count the Ways  

Tuesday, January 8, 2008



It's one of our favorite times of year! So I am going to do my best to keep the season going as long as possible. And yes, my tree is still up...

1. We had a fabulous Christmas in Houston! A few of the highlights included a rousing game of football in the living room on Christmas eve in honor of Jordan (me as a spectator), relaxing and sleeping in while Jackson spent some "quality time" (7:45 am) with his grandma and grandpa, and doing our best to make Sharon laugh as much as possible.

2. We wanted to continue the tradition (we did it once, does that qualify as a tradition?) of getting a picture with Jackson on Santas lap. So we braved the crowds at the mall on Christmas eve and got a great picture. We were pretty proud that we avoided buying the minimum $19 package by taking our own, although I think "Santa's Elves" were a bit miffed.


3. They day after the fatal attack at the San Francisco Zoo, we thought it would be a good idea to take our chances at the Houston zoo. Jackson had a blast and all the animals were really close and alert. And we are happy to report no tiger maulings.

4. Before our trip, we got to go to our own Portland zoo to see the lights. They had an INCREDIBLE display and Jackson had more fun that he'd ever had at the zoo. Besides the freezing weather and the frostbitten toes, it was a fun experience for all.


5. Greg and I got to spend the day away from Jackson touring the tropical paradise of Galveston, TX! It was much prettier han Greg made me believe and we had fun walking the beach, eating at the greasy Burger Joint, and shopping on the Strand.


Our flights were another story: coming soon, a Rose Family Post entitled "How to Drive Away Customers, a Continental Airlines How-To"

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Validations of my effort: to “ How I love Christmas, Let me Count the Ways ”

  • Angela and Mike
    January 9, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

    Hooray! I'm so glad you posted about Christmas. I am so happy there weren't any tiger maulings as well! Wow, I can't believe how awesome those light are at the Oregon zoo. I would've loved to see that, and I'm 22...so I bet Jackson LOVED it.

    I did finally take down my Christmas decorations, but my house isn't nearly as happy now :( We miss you guys!

  • Renee
    January 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

    Sounds like had a great time. My thoughts about Galveston were just as yours were - we visited in January and I was quite impressed. We ate at some little Mexican place...I was prego too and I remember it tasted soooo good! I cannot wait to hear your flight stories!

  • Sharon
    January 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

    Such a cute picture of Jackson with Santa, even if the elves were miffed. The zoo lights are amazing. Words don't do them justice, so I was glad to see pictures. Too bad you won't be there next year to see them. Amber will have to go with her family in your honor. All of you did a great job of making me laugh, although I have been told it's not very hard!!

  • Nat
    January 17, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

    I am (Natalie Pederson)a friend of your sister Amber. I grew up in Redlands, CA. I just flew from NC to CA for Christmas and had the worst time on Continental Airlines. I would love to hear you story. Please, tell Amber hello for me.

    pedersonplatoon.blogspot.com