Land o' lakes  

Sunday, January 15, 2012

One of the Nicknames for Minnesota is "the Land of 10,000 lakes." Although I wouldn't consider our backyard pond a lake exactly, when you are 3 and 5 a frozen pond of ice might as well be the Atlantic Ocean.

And now since we are official Minnesotans (I've got the license to prove it) I figured we ought to do what true minnesotans do: strap on some skates and slip around on some ice.

It only took one run on the ice to realize that outdoor ice skating isn't quite as smooth as I had envisioned. With falllen sticks, frozen snow and uneven ice, it made for a rough go. Jackson starts skating lessons this week so hopefully he'll spend more time vertical than sprawled out on the ice.




We are looking forward to a winter full of ice skating in the backyard!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ Land o' lakes ”