Davis on the move
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Raising Davis is like a flashback. He tries to play in toilets, pulls out pots and pans, sits on the dishwasher, and raids the food pantry. He is a child safety lock company's dream. He's pretty much a living tornado, leaving a path of destruction and chaos behind him. It's like I'm living a parallel life to the one I lived five years ago. The one where Jackson emptied drawers, dumped out toys and raided cupboards. This life is from 5 years ago because my number two child never did these kinds of things. Never opened a single cupboard, didn't even attempt to crawl downstairs without assistance, and most assuredly did not find anything of interest in the toilet.
I thought the worst was behind me. But I should have known. I should have known that in a family of boys, adventurous, curious, havoc wreaking children is the norm, not the exception.
As I wheeled the boys in a grocery cart to my car last week, a man in the parking lot stopped me and said "Oh I remember those days! I see a lot of drywall patching in your future!" Is this what I'm in for? I thought for sure nothing could be worse than little fingers in the toilet, but I didn't even consider the havoc reaching "hole in the wall" potential.
So I guess for now I will stop complaining about the bajillions of crumbs on the floor, the collection of tupperware pulled from their drawer, and the books pulled from their shelf, because, at least for now, my walls are hole free.
January 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM
It's amazing how different each child is. He sure is a cute one! That wasn't very nice of that man to say that about your future. :)
January 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM
You should see the walls in my basement! They are in total need of patching and painting but I have come to learn that I LOVE every dent & ding. For me it means that the neighbors come here and my kids fin our home to be a place they can let loose and be themselves! Davis is darling...even if he is destructive! :)
January 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM
But look how cute he is. How could you ever get upset at whatever he does with this angel face and that beautiful hair!
January 31, 2012 at 5:04 PM
The random parking lot man was right. But he forgot to mention baseball slide carpet tearing; basketballs through the window; and bunk-bed bungee! I have six older brothers. These are actual things I witnessed (ok participated in). I always believe its better to be prepared. :)
p.s. Our baby #3 is a girl. Maybe my boys will chill a little with her.
February 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Just found your blog...we are so excited to have you guys here, and in the ward! We will have to get together soon! :)