Cupcake craziness  

Monday, July 5, 2010

I have a tendency to get in over my head. My visions start to get a little out of control and my abilities, time and energy end up lagging way behind.

These birthday cupcakes for Bennett were no exception.

But luckily, these turned out pretty good.

It started with this idea from Bakerella.

But of course I couldn't leave it at that. Where could you put a candle on a cake pop? What about a body? What if the cake pops don't taste good?

So I made them oreo truffles instead of cake pops. A winner every time. Also slightly easier to make. Slightly.

So I added a body so it wouldn't look lie a floating head on a cupcake.

And I had to pipe on some green frosting to look like grass.

No big deal right? So I planned the project during naptime. Of course Jackson chose this day to refuse a nap. So he was right next to me every step of the way asking to eat chocolate chips, taste chocolate, pipe the frosting, and eat the mess ups. It was no small miracle that any of them look even kind of nice.

So here they are! They are obviously not perfect but Bennett loved them! Greg loved them. Jackson loved them. I loved them.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Validations of my effort: to “ Cupcake craziness ”