Bennett Boy  

Saturday, July 3, 2010





Bennett turned 2 today. We had such a wonderful day as a family that I am considering doing family parties every year.

As soon as Bennett woke up I sang him happy birthday to get him excited about his big day. He smiled at me and said "more song."

We got ready and spent the morning at Terhune Orchards. We fed the goats (well Greg and I, the kids were too scared) rode mini tractors, saw geese, frogs, turtles, sheep, horses, and ducks.

It was so nice to sip apple cider slushes while the kids played and played. Definitely my way to party.

We went home and had cow cupcakes (I am only realizing now that there weren't actually any cows at the farm today, at least the kids didn't notice). The cupcakes turned out great and are going to deserve a post of their own seeing as how they took me an entire afternoon to concoct. My biggest accomplishment was keeping them away from tiny hands for 24 hours.

Bennett (really Jackson) opened one present (a Gordon train) and was so happy playing with it that he refused to be involved in opening the last 4. Bennett's face lit up as he saw the train. For a boy of few words, he screamed "chugga chugga choo choo!"

Don't worry, Jackson happily stepped in to finish the job.

Then they spent the next 45 minutes playing with the birthday presents. Nothing beats the sound of giggling, and quiet happy playing.

Happy birthday Bennett!

A few things about Bennett:

1. He is obsessive about a few things. Vacuums, chapstick/deoderant/sunscreen sticks, keys, trains, airplanes, and spray water bottles. The great news is, several of these items fit in my purse.

2. Bennett has seem to grown out of his picky eating phase. He now happily eats chicken, sandwiches, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, rice, cheese, and carrots. I never thought this day would come.

3. Bennett loves to "draw circles." Coloring is pretty much a foreign idea to him. If you give him a paper, all he wants to do is draw circles. Although recently he has expanded his shape drawing to also include triangles.

4. Bennett loves Little Einsteins. A while back I picked up a little einsteins CD for the car for a long trip we were taking. Well it was money well spent because I have probably listened to it a thousand times. I always hear a little voice from the back seat each time I start the car "Einsteins!" I don't even know what the radio is like anymore, because little Einsteins trumps any opinions I have on music.

5. Lap. Lap. Lap. It's a word we love when we read to him, and hate and dinner time. He loves laps.

6. Every morning we wake up and I make Bennett leave his blanket in his bed, so that it doesn't become a attached to his hip all day long. But everyday around 10 am I look around and can't find Bennett. I finally see him come down the stairs with a proud look on his face because he has snuck up to his crib and gotten his blanket himself. He's usually laughing and holding his blanket like a trophy when I see him. He loves that gross stinky green blanket. It's part endearing, and part disgusting.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 Validations of my effort: to “ Bennett Boy ”

  • Sharon
    July 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

    Love all those pictures of Bennett, especially the Bengay photo. I'm expecting a Neosporin picture soon. Happy happy birthday, Bennett. We love you!

  • Angela and Mike
    July 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

    HEIDI! We didn't get to call on Bennett's birthday because we were on the plane alllll day. I'm so sorry. I hope you saved some festivities for when we see you in a couple of days! Happy birthday bud!