At the risk of sounding braggy...  

Thursday, June 10, 2010



I have an amazing husband. That is the most important part of this post. So even as the post continues and recounts bits a pieces of my life, just remember it all comes back to the fact that Greg is absolutely, with out a doubt, my perfect man.

Last Wednesday, someone in our ward asked Greg to pick him up from the airport. So we made a day of it and drove to Philly to spend the evening at ikea, because a day at ikea is worth the 90 minute drive, even if his flight was delayed 5 hours, and even though I was leaving for New York the next morning to spend 3 days with Julie my old roommate from BYU.

After filling our trunk with my spoils, we arrived at the airport. While waiting for Corey to walk out of the terminal, I see Sara (not Corey), one of my dearest friends who is living in Phoenix right now. I hadn't seen her in two years.

Of course I start crying. My husband is amazing. He was so sneaky and had kept it covert for weeks.

Greg flew her out for my birthday (May 7th) on her birthday (June 2nd). I still can't believe he orchestrated all this for me. It was like a dream. He says he did it all as a 'Thank You' for putting up with two long years of business school. Whatever the reason, I still couldn't believe it.

The next morning Sara and I took the train up to the City and met up with Julie. I felt like we were right back at BYU cracking jokes and being completely ridiculous.




We spent day on Tiffany's, FAO Schwartz, Central Park and then on to see Memphis on broadway. Watching a show on broadway with two of my dearest friends who are just as fanatical about musicals as I am made me feel a little more normal and a little less "crazy showtune girl."




Day two we shopped in New York longer than humanly possible. H&M, Macy's, Century 21, and then some. We also spent some time at Ground Zero and hopped over to Chinatown for some fabulous dumplings. The day ended with a ride up to the top of Rockefeller Center for a nighttime view of the City and a birthday cupcake from Magnolia bakery.

Day three began with a ride on the Staten Island Ferry and a the matinee showing of "In the Heights."

Yes, I got to see two broadway shows. Again, my husband is an incredible man.

Sara had the luxury of a having a stranger fall asleep on her shoulder on the Subway. Don't you love subways?

When we got back to Jersey, I was happy. I spent three days with two friends I love, in an amazing place, saw two amazing shows, and I got to return to a husband who knows and loves me so much he would surprise me with it all.

I love you Greg.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 Validations of my effort: to “ At the risk of sounding braggy... ”